Sunday, February 14, 2021

Reading 03: Starting the Annotated Bibliography

 

Image from Rod Long on Unsplash.com


For this week's Writing Project task we began the process of creating Annotated Bibliographies for our Academic Sources. Truthfully, I was already dreading this process but was hoping that it would not be as difficult as I initially thought. I began the task by sorting through the sources that I had collected the previous week and choosing the ones which I felt were the most appropriate and best related to my chosen topic. I then began the process of creating the bibliographies which proved far more difficult than I had initially thought and was unfortunately not able to fully complete the assigned task. I followed the recommended process for initially parsing information from the sources but found the process of extracting relevant information from the remainder of the text to be extremely difficult. I found myself getting bogged down by the large bodies of text and often getting lost or confused in the content of the paragraphs. I tried to understand as much of the content and data as possible so that I could 'translate' it into more manageable information for my bibliography but found that to be a very difficult process that I wasn't able to do for much of the content because I just did not understand it and couldn't meaningfully translate it. I attempted slightly different strategies for each of the sources with the aim of getting the appropriate information from the source while also not spending too much time on them but was unsure about the validity of my strategies. I found that the sources the resources provided for writing annotated bibliographies did help but because of my own inexperience and I wasn't completely sure how to critically apply all of it to my own work.

The working document of my Annotated Bibliographies can be found below


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Task 10: Finishing touches

  Image by Markus Winkler on Unsplash.com For this week's reading task we, as a class, collectively worked on our individual sections in...