Sunday, February 28, 2021

Reading 05: Doing a lot or rereading



This week's task was an extremely nice breather from the heavier reading and writing tasks that we have been doing the past couple weeks though it still did take careful attention to complete. I was not exactly sure about the process of coding writing and linking themes as I began but after following the resources provided on the Multimedia Development Website, especially the resource at https://libguides.jcu.edu.au/py2106/lit-review which presented the process in a far more understandable and simplified way, it became a lot clearer and did not seem very daunting, just intricate. I was unsure how intricate or expansive the task was going to be so I decided to just begin and adapt my approach to any developments. I read through the first bibliography and just began assigning the base highlighter colours to similar topics I found in the first text alone to establish a base colour set for the Key that I would adapt later. As I continued through my bibliographies more and more linked works and topics arose and the colour Key was becoming hard to keep track of mentally thus I decided to write the Key in a note beside my text for reference as I continued through the texts and added additional colours as they came (This Key is included in the document). As I progressed further and further, the Key became slightly more fluid as words and topics covered began to overlap. I then read through the text a second time to cover any connection that I may have missed in the first pass. I then looked at the highlighted texts as a whole to begin filtering themes from the coded content. As I did so I found that I could group similar or adjacent themes to create a more succinct list but still cover most of the coded content and would allow me to write more on the refined themes.

The working document of my Annotated Bibliographies can be found below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Task 10: Finishing touches

  Image by Markus Winkler on Unsplash.com For this week's reading task we, as a class, collectively worked on our individual sections in...