Sunday, March 21, 2021

Reading 08: Intro, Conclusion and questions


For this week's reading task we were tasked with writing the introduction and conclusion paragraphs for our sections in the book. I went into this week's task expecting it to not be as difficult as the previous writing we have done because it would feel more routine but once I started trying to create the introduction alone, I started to see how difficult this week's task was actually going to be. Unlike the introductions for each the content paragraphs, this introduction served to introduce all five of the previous paragraphs and the overall idea of my section. I found it really difficult to find suitable phrases that were applicable to everything I had already written without directly referencing it, in other words, it was really weird writing a conclusion after I had already written my body content, it was a very unfamiliar process. The same went for the conclusion, as it had already been quite some time since I had read my body paragraphs and was a little hazy on the details. It was also really difficult to succinctly conclude such complex paragraphs in a cohesive and satisfying way. I had to turn to the recommended video on the website for help and it served as a pretty good refresher of what a conclusion paragraph should be. The questions were by far the easiest part of this week's task but they were still quite difficult in their own right. Formulating questions that weren't too easy or hard but still tested a good amount of knowledge from each paragraph was hard and required me to get a full understanding of my paragraphs again that I could then break down to a single, or two, question. I have drafted them out for now and plan to make them interactive for next week's task, hopefully I'll get some inspiration from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Task 10: Finishing touches

  Image by Markus Winkler on Unsplash.com For this week's reading task we, as a class, collectively worked on our individual sections in...