Saturday, March 13, 2021

Reading 07: Peer feedback

 


This week's reading task involved us critically reading two of our peers' work and providing constructive feedback for improvement. It was also an exercise of reflecting on our own work as we would receive feedback back from our peers too. I was lucky enough to have my document labelled as exemplary for the last assignment and thus felt that I would be able to provide helpful feedback to my peers, or at least that was my hope. I began the task by reading through both documents and noting any major critiques that jumped out initially, then I used them as comparison pieces to see if there were any similarities or different critiques I could spot. I noted all of this down as quick notes and then left it for a day. I then came back to the documents to see if there was anything I may have missed in the first read through. I then began to structure my feedback in a more digestible way as I felt that my notes were not clear enough. In the lecture we were advised to be clearer and more exact with feedback for it to be more helpful so I created copies of the documents so that I could highlight the feedback that I was given to be more precise. I then sent them off and waited for my feedback back. Luckily enough the feedback I received wasn't too major and I was able to incorporate it well into my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Task 10: Finishing touches

  Image by Markus Winkler on Unsplash.com For this week's reading task we, as a class, collectively worked on our individual sections in...